Sunday, August 22, 2010

Limewire music to Window media player?

I need to start over from scratch. I am using way too much hard drive space doing it this way. I get a download from Limewire then I place it on my desktop in a a file I named 'new music'. Then I open Media Player and 'add folder'-'new music'. Then once it's added to the Library. I take and highlight 'new music' and add it to another file on my desktop named 'All music'. I do this to have another copy of EVERY song I everdownloaded from Limewire. What am I doing wrong? I don't want to lose any of my music, but I feel I'm losing valuable hard-drive space by doing it this way. How can I move and keep my existing music to a different area/folder? I don't want to have to put all my music onto many discs to do this either. Please give me a better way. Thank you who have honest answers.

Limewire music to Window media player?
You did not mention which media player you use, but for playing music I find winamp the best one.


Most hard drives are being partitioned in more than one drive. (c:/, d:/ etc.). What you shold do is, make a directory on your 2nd hard drive (d;/) and call it for example Limewire downloads. Then change in Limewire options, the directory in the one you just created. Now limewire will automaticly copy the music etc you download in directory d:/ Limewire downloads. This way your music is always safe, even when you have to format your pc for one reason or the other or when you uninstall Limewire. Your music is safe. You could of course leave your music in this directory, but better is to make also a directory in d;/ , called new music. Now you can copy the music you want to keep and to listen to to that directory Asume you are going to use winamp. Go to Music library. There you see playlists. You make your own new playist and call it new music. (rightclick on playist and then new playist). When done so, click on that playlist (new music). Of course it is empy, but now you can transfere the music you download and stored in d:/ New Music to the winamp playist called new music. You can now delete all lthe music stored in Limewire Downloads. Every time you download new music, you transfere them to the new music directory on d:. Looks all very complecated, but is not. After you have done it once, it becomes even more easy.


Good luck.
Reply:Compress the file using winzip or winrar. This will reduce harddrive space. This is only a backup copy and you don't need to convert it time and again back again to original format.


No comments:

Post a Comment