Thursday, August 19, 2010

Music Producing - Can someone help me out?

Hi,





I'm 14 years old and I really want to become a music producer when I grow up because I'm really passionate about music. I play guitar, bass, drums, baritone, trombone, drums, and a bit of piano. I also have THOUSANDS of songs in my iTunes library. I practically listen to everything, from The Beatles to My Chemical Romance.





Anyway, I'd really love to persue in the music industry as a music producer. What can I do now to increase my chances of reaching that goal? Also, when I go to university, what would I need to study? I have a small problem though, I'm not doing to well in school.





These questions are optional to answer:


How good grades do you need to be a music producer?


How much does an average music producer get payed?





Thanks a lot,


Jason

Music Producing - Can someone help me out?
hey,





sounds like you're going the same path I am. you can join your school band, and try to stay once you're in. take private lessons if you aren't already. when you get to university, you're not only going to have to fulfill your requirements for graduation, but you're going to have to spend a lot of time playing music and/or studying music theory.





lol, you remind me of what it was like last year for me. I had a lot of F's in several classes and have already caught up to them. you only need a high enough grade point average (assuming you're in the US) to get into a good institution, but the better you do, the better you'll be off. it doesn't mean that you should give up if you suddenly get bad grades (or even had them for a while). it means you should learn from those bad grades and make up for them, and do much better the next time so that the universities will be more likely to accept you. I'm not sure how much a music producer gets paid, but I've heard they get above-average wages, I think. I'm not too entirely sure.





I sure hope that what I explained helps you out, and hope to hear some music from you in the future! ;)
Reply:me too wanna be producer





gota think abt it


No comments:

Post a Comment